Single Stop USA is a major initiative at Bunker Hill Community College, which connects students to state and federal financial resources and local community services. The aim is to help students surmount economic barriers, continue with their education, and move towards economic mobility with the ultimate goal toward ending cycles of poverty.
Provides Free and comprehensive social and financial services:
- Benefits Screening - quick screening will provide you with information as to whether you qualify for federal / state benefits (SNAP - food stamps, child care assistance, housing)
- Free Tax Preparation - Through the IRS approved VITA program, state and federal taxes may be completed (with special attention to any free tax credits students and their families may be eligible). Students may then apply for FAFSA once taxes are completed! The VITA program will be offering services January 28 - April 16, 2015. Learn more about VITA.
- Financial Counseling - Private counseling services to help you establish and achieve your financial goals. Access free credit scores and reports / learn to build your assets and assist you with debt management.
- Mobile Food Pantry - Please register if you would like to attend.
- Health Insurance Assistance - Because of the Affordable Care Act, you are no longer required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan. Single Stop can help you determine if you qualify and help you weigh your various health insurance options.
- Matched Savings Plan - Through the Matched Savings Program, you could receive $2 for every $1 you save for your BHCC college education. You could save up to $750 in your account and receive up to $1,500 in match money, giving you a total of $2,250 to invest in your educational expenses.