Single Stop USA is a major initiative at Bunker Hill Community College, which connects students to state and federal financial resources and local community services. The aim is to help students surmount economic barriers, continue with their education, and move towards economic mobility with the ultimate goal toward ending cycles of poverty.
Provides Free and comprehensive social and financial services:
- Benefits Screening - quick screening will provide you with information as to whether you qualify for federal / state benefits (SNAP - food stamps, child care assistance, housing)
- Free Tax Preparation - Through the IRS approved VITA program, state and federal taxes may be completed (with special attention to any free tax credits students and their families may be eligible). Students may then apply for FAFSA once taxes are completed!
- Financial Counseling - Private counseling services to help you establish and achieve your financial goals. Access free credit scores and reports / learn to build your assets and assist you with debt management.
- Mobile Food Pantry - Please register if you would like to attend.
Free Income Tax Preparation
January 28 - April 16, 2015
For complete information, download the VITA brochure.
Hours will be posted in January, 2015.
See if you qualify for:
- Earned Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Elderly Tax Credit
- Disabled Tax Credit
- Military - Combat Zone Benefits
Remember to bring:
- Photo ID and social security cards for everyone on tax return
- W-2 forms from all employers
- 1099 from interest and dividend statements from Banks
- If claiming child care credit, bring: documentation & providers tax ID numbers
- If married and filing jointly, spouse must be present to sign tax return.