Selective Program Application and Instructions
Cardiac Sonography Fall 2014
Full‐time Cardiac Sonography Option – 24 months in duration
Applications with all supporting documents will be accepted between October 1, 2013 and January 6, 2014 in Room B202 (Office of Admissions & Enrollment Services in the main lobby) or by mail.
AT COMPLETION OF ONE OF THESE PROGRAM OPTIONS:
- Students will earn an Associate in Science degree.
- Please Note: Admissions requirements are subject to change without notice.
- It is your responsibility to understand all application requirements (prerequisites to application) as well as program requirements for graduation
- Admission to these Programs is highly competitive and has a selective admission process. Meeting minimum application requirements does not guarantee admission to any of the Medical Imaging Programs.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Applicants are ranked based on grades in prerequisite course work, General Education courses required by program of choice completed prior to application and score on the TEAS V Exam.
- Students who have not yet completed all prerequisites coursework may apply to BHCC and should declare the A.A.: General Concentration as their program of study with the goal of applying to a Medical Imaging Program. Advising is available for accepted students. Accepted students who have completed the FAFSA listing BHCC in the “Schools Information Section” (school code 011210) may also qualify for financial aid.
Prerequisites for application:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- All candidates must attend a mandatory information session within one year of application. View Information Sessions
- MAT192, MAT194, MAT 520 or Higher Level Math Course: College Algebra/College Algebra STEM/Functions and Change or equivalent or higher level math course with grade C or better or placement above on the College Placement Test.
- ENG111: College Writing I or equivalent with grade C or better is required.
- BIO203: Complete Anatomy & Physiology I or equivalent with a grade of C or above. Enrollment in this course requires successful completion of a college‐level biology course with lab (BIO101, BIO105, BIO108, BIO195 or equivalent). Credits for BIO203 that were earned more than five years prior to enrollment in a Medical Imaging program are not accepted.
- All candidates no matter their completed educational level must take the CPT Reading test and score at the 10.0 level or above. Second language candidates taking the LOEP exam must score 98 or above.
- BHCC Application: All candidates must complete the Supplemental Medical Imaging Application and supply all required documentation. Candidates who have not yet been accepted to BHCC, must also complete an application for admission to the College and supply all required documentation: High School Transcripts/GED, In‐State Tuition Eligibility Form and accompanying documents.
- For candidates who have completed any of the required coursework at colleges/universities other than BHCC, an official transcript from each institution must be included with your Supplemental Application unless the transfer credit has already been evaluated and applied to your BHCC transcript.
RECOMMENDED FOR APPLICATION AND REQUIRED ONCE ACCEPTED:
- A college‐level physics course is recommended
- If accepted into the Cardiac Option, students who have not successfully completed a college‐level physics course with a grade of C or better will be required to enroll and complete a physics course offered by the Department of Medical Imaging (MIG111 Imaging Technology I: three credits) during the summer prior to the start of the program.
After submitting a completed application, highest ranked applicants will be invited to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V).
- Students will only be allowed to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) a total of three times – once per semester. After the third time, no further testing will be allowed at BHCC.
- Prior to retesting, a student may choose to utilize a previous score. Once the test is retaken, the most recent score will be utilized.
- We are currently administering Version V of the TEAS V of the TEAS. (Reading, Math, and English/Language)
- A TEAS review manual may be purchased at the College bookstore.
- Information related to the TEAS may also be accessed at the Assessment Technologies Inc., visit www.atitesting.com.
Back to the Cardiac Sonography Option Program Description