Mobile App Starter Certificate: Apple Devices
Certificate - Computer Information Technology Department
|Course Title||Course Number||Semester Taken||Credits||Prerequisites|
|IT Career Exploration||CIT102||1|
|Applications/Concepts or Information Technology Problem Solving or Introduction to Computer Science and Objective Oriented Programming||CIT110 or CIT113 or CIT120||3 - 4||Prerequisites for CIT110 and CIT113: ESL099 or RDG095 or placement; Prerequisites for CIT120: MAT099 and ENG095 and RGD095 or ESL098 or placement, pre/co-req MAT194|
|Mobile App Development||CIT129||3||ENG090 and RDG090 or placement|
|Introduction to Creating Mobile Apps||CIT131||3||ENG090 and RDG090 or placement|
|Design for Mobile Devices or Interactive Design||CIT135 or VMA275||3||Prerequisites for CIT135: ENG090 and RDG090 or placement; Prerequisites for VMA275: VMA129|
|Programming for iOS I||CIT238||3||Programming course or chair approval|
This program prepares students to be able to have an entry-level position as a mobile app developer in an iOS (Apple device) environment.
This Certificate Program is designed to align with the needs specified by industry partners. This option will have stackable credentials ideal for the working professional who is not seeking a degree, but looking to enhance their existing information technology skills.
Upon Completion of this Program, Graduates will be able to:
- Tackle large problems by systematically breaking them down into smaller, more manageable problems.
- Use their knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively adapt to change.
- Utilize a foundation in programming practices and principles.
- Utilize skills and competencies required to program basic Android applications in Java.
- Utilize skills and competencies required to design basic mobile applications on several device platforms.