Guide to Admissions
Every year, Bunker Hill Community College welcomes hundreds of international students from more than 100 countries to our campuses. While they’re here, and after they transfer to four-year colleges and universities, they tell us that BHCC was a great choice. If you want to study at a college that offers excellent programs, outstanding faculty, individualized attention, opportunities to make life-long friends, and a great city, consider BHCC.
“Bunker Hill Community College is the single most important ingredient needed to start your new career in the Melting Pot.”
—Hyeryung Jin, South Korea Legal Studies and Public Safety Program
Application Deadlines for International Students
|Spring Semester||Summer Term I||Fall Semester|
|Students outside U.S.||November 30||April 21||July 15|
|Students within U.S.||January 2||May 15||August 15|
To Apply to BHCC
Please note all International Applications are closed at this time. Spring 17 semester applications can no longer be accepted.
Summer and Fall applications will become available in February.
You must submit the following to the International Center at BHCC:
- Official high school diploma or your country's equivalent, submitted as originals or certified true copies. If documents are not in English, an official translation into English must be submitted. Please mail your high school diploma to: Bunker Hill Community College, International Center, 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Boston, MA 02129.
The requirements below should be uploaded to your online application.
- If English is not your first language, you are required to submit proof of at least intermediate level of English proficiency. We accept: TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP or the PTE test. A score of at least 38 on the TOEFL internet-based test; 5 on the IELTS; Level 3 on iTEP; or 38 on the PTE is required. Test scores are valid for two years. Please note upon your arrival in the U.S. you will be required to take BHCC’s College Placement Test. If you are already in the U.S., you do not need TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP or PTE. However, you are required to take the College Placement Test at the College’s Assessment Center.
- Official bank statement/letter showing sufficient funds in a bank account to cover total educational and living expenses for one academic year. This amount must be a minimum of $21,100 in U.S. dollars. This statement should be dated within 30 days of your I-20 application.
- Affidavit of Support Form or notarized letter from your sponsor stating that the sponsor will be responsible for your educational and living expenses for the duration of your studies at BHCC.
- A copy of your passport ID page.
If you are in the U.S. on a student visa, please also submit:
- Copies of your visa and form I-20.
- Previous Enrollment Information Form, filled out by the advisor at your last U.S. institution.
If you cannot apply online contact the International Center to complete a paper application.
If you are an agent applying on the behalf of the student, please contact the International Center to complete a paper application.
If you are already in the United States on another visa type, contact the International Center for assistance. If you are on a tourist visa you must obtain a student visa before registering for classes. Schedule an appointment with the International Admissions Coordinator before applying.