Non-degree Seeking Students
“I am not seeking a degree – I just want to take classes.”
If you plan on enrolling in a math, reading, or English course (or a course with a math, reading or English prerequisite) you must take the Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) before registering for classes.
Take the Assessment Test:
- Walk-in testing (no appointment necessary) is available in the Assessment Center, room B118 on the Charlestown campus (617-228-2468).
- If you have completed a mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript or grade report to the Admissions & Registration Desk, B203.
Register for Classes:
- If you are claiming entitlement to in-state tuition, submit an Application for Massachusetts In-State Tuition Rates form with appropriate documentation.
- Review the current course schedule and select the classes you are interested in taking. You must meet BHCC’s prerequisites even if you are not seeing a degree or certificate at the College. You may search for availability of courses by clicking here.
- Submit a completed Registration Form and all supporting documentation to the Admissions & Registration Desk, B203 to register for courses.
- Submit immunization documentation – if you are registering for full time or are in a health career program, you must present evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine. Students in health career programs must additionally present evidence of immunity to Varicella and Mantoux testing for Tuberculosis.
- Immunization documentation must be received by the Admissions & Registration Desk, B203 within 30 days from the date of registration. The immunization record becomes part of the student’s permanent file and therefore cannot be copied, transferred or returned. Download the immunization forms.
Pay Tuition and Fees:
- Payment due date appears at the bottom of the registration statement and in the course schedule booklet. You may pay on-line by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover or from a checking or savings account, or at the Student Payment Office Window Room B219 between 8:30 AM & 7 PM M-W, 11-7 Thursdays & 8:30AM-4PM Fridays. You may also set up an automatic payment plan on-line through FACTS/NELNET business Solutions. Payment plans are not available at the window or during the summer sessions and mini-semesters. Our online services for full payment and payment plan is available during opening hours to avoid long lines as well as nights, weekends & during school and office closures. Payment may also be made by telephone at 1-866-519-0785 by credit/debit car, checking or savings account.