Risk and Liability
- The College assumes no responsibility for any injury that may occur.
- Use equipment at your own risk.
- The College assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- All Health and Wellness Center users must present an active BHCC I.D. before entering the facility.
- All Health and Wellness Center users must complete a liability form (a new liability form must be completed each year).
- All bags, clothing and personal belongings are prohibited in and around the fitness center and basketball courts and must be stored in a day locker.
- You must provide your own lock for your day locker. No items may be left in a locker overnight.
- Equipment may be rented through the Athletic Department with you BHCC ID card.
- All users must wear appropriate clothing while using the Health and Wellness Center (shorts or sweats, shirts and non-marking sneakers must be worn at all times).
- Boots, jeans, dress shoes, flip flops, etc. are not permitted. Offensive clothing is prohibited.
Policies and Procedures
- Use of profanity is prohibited.
- Fighting and horseplay is prohibited.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
- Headphones must be worn to listen to personal music.
- Observe proper personal hygiene by showering regularly, wearing clean clothing and using deodorant.
- Please dispose of all trash in the proper bins.
- Please report any faulty or damaged equipment to staff member immediately.
- Except for capped water bottles, eating or drinking is prohibited.
- The College Code of Conduct applies for students using the Health and Wellness Center.
- In the fitness center:
- Machines must be properly wiped down after each use.
- Please be respectful of others while using equipment.
- All weights must be neatly re-racked after each use.
- If unclear about machine usage, please consult with a staff member.
- Please read and follow machine directions carefully.
- In the gymnasium:
- Non-traditional gymnasium equipment must be approved by the facility manager.
- Courts in the gymnasium are prioritized for informal recreation activities (basketball, volleyball, and soccer.)
- Winning teams may stay on the court for no more than two consecutive games if others are waiting.
- Dunking is allowed on the basketball courts; however, excessive hanging on the rim is not allowed.
Health and Wellness Center personnel reserve the right to remove any member or guest from the area if he or she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate.