“I used to be a student at BHCC and I want to reapply.”
If you have been away from the College for two consecutive semesters (excluding summer sessions) due to an interruption of attendance, or if you were suspended from the College for one semester, or you have graduated from a degree or certificate program, you need to reapply to the College.
- Re-apply to BHCC. Note: Students who were suspended must also bring a typed letter to Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, Charlestown Campus, stating how things will be different academically now versus when they were suspended. Suspended students must wait for a letter from the college stating that they have been accepted again before attending a START SMART Session to register for courses.
- Complete an application form and submit it to Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203.
- If you have been away from the College for two or more semesters you must submit a copy of your high school diploma, transcript if a graduation date is recorded on it, or GED.
- Original documents may be requested. If documents are not in English, an official translation must be attached.
- If you attended another college while away from BHCC, submit official copies of your transcripts to Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, for evaluation of transfer credit.
- If you are claiming entitlement to in-state tuition, submit an Application for Massachusetts In-State Tuition Eligibility form with appropriate documentation.
Please note: Health and EPUT programs have additional admission requirements and a selective admissions process. Visit academic departments for specific requirements.
Apply for Financial Aid Online:
Financial assistance is available to help you finance your education. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and fill out the FAFSA form. When completing the FAFSA online, be sure to list Bunker Hill Community College in the “Schools Information Section.” BHCC’s code is 011210. Once you have been accepted to the College and BHCC has received your FAFSA, you will be notified of any additional requirements.
Take the Assessment Test:
- If you have previously completed the Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs), but did not complete a math, English or reading course and have been away from the College for two or more years, the Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, mathematics, and English are required.
- Testing is offered on a walk-in basis (no appointment necessary) in the Assessment Center, Room B118, Charlestown Campus. Call 617-228-2468 for hours. Testing is also available on the Chelsea Campus. Call 617-228-3377 for hours and location.
- If you have completed a mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript or grade report to the Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203.
Register for Classes:
- Readmitted students are invited to attend a START SMART Session specifically designed for transfer and readmitted students. Advising staff will be available to answer individual questions and assist with course selection to get you back on track to fulfill your academic goals. Information about registering for a START SMART Session is included in your readmission package.
- Submit immunization documentation – Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, section 15C, requires that all full-time (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all students (full- and part-time) enrolled in in health career programs present evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, and three doses of hepatitis B vaccine. Students in the health career programs also must present evidence of immunity to varicella and Mantoux testing for tuberculosis. For measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B, serologic proof of immunity is acceptable.
- Students who fail to present the required information within 30 days from the date of registration are not allowed to register for subsequent semesters or receive final grades until the immunization form is received by Admissions & Enrollment Services, Room B203, Charlestown Campus. Immunization forms become part of the student's permanent file and therefore cannot be copied, transferred, or returned. Download the immunization forms.
Pay Tuition and Fees:
- Payment due date appears at the bottom of the registration statement and in the course schedule booklet. You may pay online by American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, from a checking or savings account, or at the Student Payment Office Window, Room B219, Monday-Wednesday 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Thursday 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. You may also set up an automatic payment plan online through FACTS/NELNET Business Solutions. Payment plans are not available at the window or during the summer sessions and mini-semesters. Our online services for full payment and payment plan is available during opening hours to avoid long lines as well as nights, weekends, and during school and office closures. Payment may also be made by telephone at 1-866-519-0785, by credit/debit card, or from a checking or savings account.