Pre-requisites for the Medical Laboratory Technician Program:
- View the Selective Program Application and Instructions
- Attend one mandatory information session.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Note: Students are advised that preference will be given to those showing proficiency in science by demonstrating grades of C+ or better in Biology and Chemistry
- Achieve a reading level of 10th grade or higher on the College Placement Test (CPT).
- Complete the following courses with a grade of C+ or better:
- College Writing I (ENG111)
- Statistics (MAT 181)
- Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (BIO203)
- Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (BIO204)
- Microbiology with Lab (BIO205)
- Principles of Inorganic Chemistry with Lab (CHM120)
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry with Lab (CHM121)
Following Completion of All Pre-requisites:
- Prospective students must apply through the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Services
- Include the following with your application:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Birth Certificate (if you were born in the United States).
- Green Card (if you were not born in the United States).
- Massachusetts Drivers License or Massachusetts ID.
- Proof of six-month residency.
NOTE: If you do not have a green card or you have not lived in Massachusetts for more than six months, you will pay out-of-state tuition.
- Students are encouraged to meet with the Program Director to discuss the application process and to explore the profession.
If you are accepted into the program, you must complete the following steps:
- If you are a student new to the College, you must complete both a College Admission Form, and an Admission to the Program Form.
- If you are a current BHCC student, complete a Program Change Form.
- Complete a BHCC Registration Form based upon the schedule you have designed with the Program Director.
- Complete a CORI Form during the first semester in the Program.
- Complete the first page of a Student Health Form – this form must go to your doctor, and when completed, must be brought to Room E154 at the Charlestown Campus of BHCC. Health clearance is required to participate in clinical internships.
- You must waive health insurance or you will be charged.
NOTE: Spaces will not be held for applicants who do not complete the above process in a timely manner.